The Cosmopolitantrench coat is a style made to be worn on the Milanese catwalks… Its innovative pattern focuses on this season’s trend setting exaggerated volume, making it an interesting stand out creation, a center piece and head turner on its own.
It couldn’t be paired with any other recipe, than with our Milanese Tiramisu.
One that takes center stage at our table, every time we share it with family and friends.
Soft, fluffy and full of volume, made from the finest ingredients, just like our Cosmopolitantrench.
Beige and champagne colored layers interact, both in our sweet and our coat.
Always keeping in mind, that one piece of tiramisu is never enough, an exaggerated oversized trench coat is an excellent idea, to hide that extra pound !!!
◦ 1 cup cold full fat whipping cream
◦ 3 tablespoons icing sugar
◦ 1/8 teaspoon vanilla essence
◦ 500 grs. mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
◦ 4 large eggs, separated
◦ 1/3 cups sugar
◦ 3/4 cups cold strong espresso coffee
◦ 1/2 cup Amaretto liquor
◦ 1/4 cup Kahlua liquor
◦ 250 grs. lady fingers (also known as Savoiardi in Italy)
◦ coacoa powder
◦ beat whipping cream with the icing sugar and vanilla essence until it becomes stiff.
◦ in another bowl, beat the cheese until soft, adding one yolk at a time, until soft and smooth and fluffy.
◦ beat egg whites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form, adding sugar a little at a time, until stiff peaks form.
◦ add the whipped cream to the beaten cheese mixture, stirring until combined ◦ add meringue, folding in egg whites in soft strokes .
◦ Combine coffee, Amaretto and Kahlua in a wide bowl◦ dip the lady fingers one at a time, quickly into the coffee mixture and place in a single layer in a deep bowl.
◦ cover with half of the cream mixture and sprinkle with plenty of cocoa.
◦ continue dipping lady fingers into coffee mixture and cover the cocoa.
◦ add remaining cream covering the lady finger layer and smooth out surface.
◦ cover bowl with cling film wrap and place in the fridge several hours or over night.
◦ serve with large ladle onto a dish, as they do in Italy and sprinkle cocoa on top.
**if you don’t have liquor Kahlua, just increase your Amaretto liquor.