You may ask, how does a tomato sauce pair with this chic swinging dress ?
Is it the color pallet that makes this combination unmatchable ?
Actually it’s not.
It’s more about the sexiness and the intensity of the femininity they both have.
How only a few great ingredients create a classic masterpiece that endures through time, having endless matching possibilities, be it on pasta, on pizza, even as a dipping sauce.
Tomatoes, basil, chili and garlic… humble, yet leaving you intrigued from the minute you lay your eyes, just like our Poissy dress… unforgettable in every aspect, ready to seduce you and take you places, now and seasons after !!!
◦ 5 – 6 large cloves of garlic
◦ 1 red chilly pepper
◦ 1 large bunch of fresh basil
◦ 4 x 400 grs. tins of best quality cherry tomatoes
◦ olive oil
◦ salt & pepper
◦ halve and finely slice your chilly pepper (deseed if you prefer) and leave aside.
◦ peel and finely slice your garlic and place in a large pan on medium heat with some olive oil.
◦ lightly fry for a couple of minutes then add the chilly pepper and some salt to your liking.
◦ stir for a few minutes then add the tomatoes, a tin at a time, scrunching them in your clean hands, then swirl some water in each tin, and pour it into the pan, bringing it to a boil, simmering 10 – 15 minutes.
◦ while simmering, tear the basil into the sauce, saving some for the end.
◦ once nice and thick, remove from heat, add remaining basil leaves and serve with your favorite pasta accompanied with grated Parmesan cheese.
◦ taste and add freshly grated pepper to your liking.
**you can use 1500 grs. freshly grated summer tomatoes when in season instead of canned.
**can be frozen in ziplock bags ready to be used in the futur.